So you’ve discovered a business need. Whether you’d like to incorporate mobility, you’ve outgrown your current software/processes, your customers’ want more, or you want to improve efficiencies through innovation, it’s time to consider a new software solution. Vertical Systems is here to help.
If there’s an existing pre-packaged solution that sufficiently addresses your needs, it’s always worth further evaluation.
Existing "Packaged" Solution Evaluation Criteria
- Will the packaged solution meet your specific and unique business needs?
- Are there on-going costs such as annual licensing?
- Have you considered the implementation fees associated with the package?
- Does the packaged software cost more because of features you don’t need or won’t use?
- Does the solution “play nice” with existing systems?
- What are the associated costs for future expansion and software upgrades?
- Will the package meet your long-term business strategy? Can it grow with your company?
Once the packaged solutions have been evaluated, consider custom software development as an alternative approach.
Benefits of Custom Software Development with Vertical Systems
- You will only be paying for the exact features that you desire. Your business problems are unique and nobody knows it better than you. Why not have the solution built to your exact specifications.
- The solution can expand to meet your growing business. We will ensure that the software architecture is built upon a solid foundation with an eye on future growth.
- When appropriate, our solution can leverage and integrate with your existing business systems. It’s not necessarily the best approach to replace all existing systems. We can save you money by leveraging existing specialized systems.
- Upon project completion, we’ll be here to support and enhance your system. If you prefer, all source code developed for your business is yours and can be maintained through your preferred IT channel.
- We can provide proof of concept or rapid-cycle prototypes to verify feasibility and ensure the success.